Visiting Hans Place Practice and Covid19
Is Hans Place Practice a safe place for my treatment following the Covid 19 outbreak?
At Hans Place Practice, we are delighted to be open again. However, to keep all our staff and clients safe, there will be some changes to your experience. While your experience may be a little different, we want you to know that your safety and comfort remain our priority. Please review the following information so that we can all work together to keep each other safe.
- All of our clinical staff will be regularly screened and tested for COVID-19.
- Any member of staff who develops symptoms or tests positive for the disease, (or if someone they live with develops symptoms or tests positive), will not be permitted to enter the clinic.
- Our Clinic is CQC registered and as such we have extensive experience with infection prevention measures and clinical protocols. Universal precautions will be taken throughout the clinic and our staff have extensive training in infection prevention.
- Our staff will be wearing appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE), including masks, eye protection and gloves.
- In our operating theatres, staff will also be wearing waterproof gowns in addition to the above.
On-line and telephone consultations
We have integrated a virtual consultation platform into a website and a tele-medicine platform to conduct our online consultations. These have proven a huge success .
To make an appointment for a consultation please call 020 75841642 or use our online contact form.
We would ask new clients to schedule an online video consultation or telephone consultation (with photographs ) if possible, to help reduce the unnecessary need for travel and contact.
Prior to your consultation with Dr Mike Comins you will be asked to complete a patient medical registration form online.
Your online consultation with Dr Mike Comins will be conducted in much the same way as a face to face consultation. Dr Mike will be able to make a through visual assessment and well most likely also take some screenshots of the areas to be treated and then with the help with screenshare applications he will be use visual aids to help explain your treatment options, exactly how the treatment works, the likely outcomes, side effects and complications. Of course, you will also have plenty of opportunity to ask any questions you may have. As per any consultation we strongly advise you to do some online research prior to your consultation and perhaps prepare list of questions or gather photographs that you can upload during the consult. For Vaser and Renuvion treatments you will be most likely be asked to expose parts of your body that you would like treated so it is imperative you plan your online consultation and ensure that you are in an environment where you will not be disturbed and privacy can be insured. You are more than welcome to have a chaperone accompany you during your online consultation.
The consultation usually lasts around 30 minutes, after which we will send your formal quote and lots of information on your proposed treatment and our clinic. Dr Mike will also email you a personalised letter summarising your consultation as well as further information on your proposed treatment. It goes without saying if you have any questions following your consultation, we’ll be more than happy to answer these by telephone or email, or you can even schedule another online consultation.
Following your consultation if you wish we can schedule a face to face consultation if you feel this is likely to be the right treatment for you and you are suitable candidate.
In most instances we would be happy to schedule surgery or your aesthetic treatment without an intermediate face to face consultation however it is important to note on the day of your treatment, when Dr Mike examines you, in the unlikely event any issues arise that have not been detected during your online consultation we may need to reschedule or cancel your surgery ( full refunds will of course be given).
Existing patients looking to book a routine 3- 6 month follow up for Vaser treatments we advise you to book an online consultation first. For non-surgical cosmetic treatments, please call or email we can either schedule an on-line or face to face appointment and treatment.
Your first virtual consultation might feel intimidating, but it shouldn’t worry you one bit. With some preparation, you can be sure to have a great consultation and finish the session satisfied, and not feeling like the technology was at all a hindrance to connecting with us.
- Choosing an Appropriate Setting & Technology
What you will need:
- Works best with a desk or laptop with a camera. You can also use a tablet or smart phone with a camera.
- a stable internet connection
- private area
Plan ahead to make sure that you have a private setting for the entire duration of the appointment. Most clients have the appointment in their home. If you are going to be at work, you might want to schedule the appointment during your lunch break so that you can step away easily.
- 2. Logging in.
We will email login details before your consultation. You can visit our virtual public waiting room anytime and access all the information within it. Within our public waiting room you will see the reception area icon. Click on this and you will access our secure private waiting area for Dr Mike Comins. Please try to log into this secure area 5 minutes before your appointment. (you will be given a login password via email to access this secure area).
Within our public waiting room, you can access plenty of information including.
- Clinic information
- Before and after photos
- Practice and treatment videos
- Treatment information
- Do you have access to reliable internet?
Having fast, reliable internet is integral to a video consultation. If your bandwidth/speed is slow, the video will lag and cut out causing a frustrating experience. If you live in an area where the internet is slow, don’t worry as we can organise a telephone consult with photos please contact email@example.com if you would prefer a telephone consult.
- Video Tips
If Dr Comins can’t see you well, it will make it more difficult for him to conduct a proper online video consultation.
- Try to maximise front-facing lighting, and minimise lighting behind you.
- Try to have most of your upper torso visible, from about your abdomen and up including your arms.
- If using a phone, prop it up on a stable surface to make it steadier (refrain from holding it). A stable image would be very much appreciated by Dr Comins and will help you take your mind off having to hold your phone.
During your consultation is for Vaser Liposuction or Renuvion it is likely you will be asked to show Dr Comins areas of your body that you are interested in treating. For your comfort you are very welcome to have a Chaperone with you during your video consultation but please remember you will be asked about your medical history.
What has changed?
- The practice is now completely paperless and automated. You will now receive your registration forms, treatment information brochures etc via email. You simply complete these forms before your appointment, submit and your forms are uploaded onto your records ready for your visit.
- We kindly ask all clients to arrive promptly for your appointment. If you arrive too early you may be asked to wait nearby until you receive an SMS message. We will usually see you straight away for your appointment. To help implement this we have allowed significantly more time for your face to face consultations. Our waiting room is now restricted to one person only. Unfortunately we can only accommodate clients who have an appointment (please inform staff when booking your appointment if you need a chaperone or interpreter).
- Screening of patients to test for high temperatures will take place on arrival.
- Multiple hand sanitiser gel points will be available to include on entry to clinic and before entering consultation room.
- All staff are screened daily. Furthermore all staff undergo viral antigen swab tests every 2 weeks.
- Masks to be made available and worn by all staff in contact with patients and patients themselves.
- Robust cleaning schedules will be in place for all contact points to include door handles, light switches and other surfaces.
- The use of appropriate PPE will be adhered to by clinicians when undertaking any patient examinations, procedures and tests.
What we ask of you.
- If you, or anyone who lives with you, have symptoms related to COVID-19, please do not come to the clinic. These symptoms primarily include a a new and persistent dry cough and/or a temperature of 37.8°C and/or a loss of change of taste or smell. Other symptoms of the disease are less frequent but may affect you. These include fatigue, confusion, sore throat, vomiting and diarrhoea. However, we recommend that you inform your patient coordinator at the earliest opportunity if you develop ANY symptoms of feeling unwell.
- If you, or anyone who lives with you, tests positive for COVID-19 on a PCR (Antigen) test, even if asymptomatic, please do not come to the clinic. The PCR test is the one in which swabs are taken from your mouth and nose.
- When visiting our clinic, you will be asked to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time. We will not be able to accommodate patients who arrive late. Should you arrive earlier you will be asked to wait outside, until it is time for your appointments.
- Those attending our clinic in person will be required to follow social distancing rules and whenever possible to keep the 2 meters recommended distance.
- Please come to the clinic with your own face covering. If you do not have one, one will be made available to you.
- To ensure the safety of everyone in the clinic, patients will be asked to come alone and for any accompanying person to wait outside. Should you need a person with you – for translation, mobility needs and similar – please confirm it at the time of your booking.
- On entering the clinic you will be required to have your temperature taken and update us on your wellbeing.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for you to use upon entry, both before entering the consultation room and on departure.
- Unfortunately, we will limit access to the waiting room and refreshments area, where previously our patients would have relaxed or made use of the WiFi before being seen by their doctor or practitioner. This measure is necessary at this stage and will be lifted only when it is safe to do so. Water in disposable cups will be provided on request.
- Toilets will remain available and will be cleaned after each use.
What about non-surgical treatments?
- Face to face consultations will be as interactive as ever but we now use photographs ( usually or you) on which we animate on touch screen tablets. You have your own wall mounted monitor near your chair so you can view and participate in a detailed discussion about your areas of concern and various treatment options.
- Of course, some contact is necessary when it comes to treatments and physical examination. For treatments not involving the lower third the face we will ask you to wear a certified face mask and in some cases we will ask you to wear some protective glasses too.
- All new patient will be send an on-line registration and GDPR consent forms to complete before your appointment.
- Treatment plans, post treatment guidelines, quotes and follow up details will be automatically emailed to you.
- Where possible we will carry these out over a video call. In most cases, we will be able to assess your progress via these calls. If we have any concerns or feel that a video call is not adequate, we will arrange a face to face appointment with you. Your wellbeing is our top priority.
What about vaser liposuction and Renuvion?
- Because Vaser liposuction and Renuvion are minor surgical treatments we do require a little more input from you leading up to your procedure date. We ask you to complete and submit brief Covid19 screening questionnaires, 12, 7 and 1 day before your procedure. These will be sent to you by text or email, these are very quick and straightforward tick boxed questions, which when submitted will be uploaded onto you records.
- We also ask all patients having vaser or Renuvion to attend for a throat and nasal Coronavirus antigen swab 3-5 days before your treatment date.
- Before your treatment date you will receive a phone call from one of our clinical staff who will specifically discuss current Covid19 guidelines within the healthcare setting. This is to ensure you are given the latest information and guidance possible.
- We would be grateful if all surgical patients could bring a complete change of clean ( hot washed) lose fitting clothes (including underwear) to ware after your treatment.
- When you arrive for your Vaser or Renuvion procedure you will be the only client in the clinic. You will have our full and undivided attention!
- On arrival we will take your temperature, ask you about your well-being, place covers on your shoes ask you to put bags etc into plastic containers. You will need to wear a mask and of course wash and sanitise your hands. We strongly advise all surgical patients not to take public transport to your appointment. Either arrange an escort to drive you or take a private taxi, Uber ( please make sure taxis are complaint with Covid protocols).
- Before surgery, Mike Comins will spend around 20-30 minutes reviewing your treatment goals, answer any questions or concerns, recap on side effects, complications and aftercare. He will examine you and complete all the necessary clinical e -forms.
- Following your pre-treatment consult you will be escorted to our surgical waiting area where our nursing staff will do our usual routine pre op questionnaires and baseline observations.
- Dr Comins will then take pre-operative photos and mark the areas to be treated. If you are having iv sedation, the consultant anaesthetist will at this stage discuss this with you.
Once we are ready, you will be taken through to the operating theatre. Even though we are required to wear PPE, we want you to feel comfortable. Please feel free to talk to the team. We can also put on some music if you wish. We want you to feel safe and as relaxed as possible.
- Following your treatment, you can relax and let us look after you. When you are ready we can help you order a taxi, Uber etc or notify your escort. You will be escorted by one of our team to your car.
- In most cases we would like to see you face to face for your initial follow up consultations. Following these we suggest routine follow up video consultations to ensure your progress is proceeding as normal, however if there are concerns it goes without saying we will of course see you face to face so these can be properly addressed.