Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries and has been for many years. Advances in technology have adapted the way liposuction takes place, with Vaser liposuction becoming a top choice for many individuals who prefer minimally invasive treatments.
The liposuction procedure works to remove fatty deposits. It is particularly common for treating excess fat on the stomach, thighs and buttocks. However, due to the Vaser wand’s precision, liposuction can be used almost anywhere on the body.
Whether you opt for traditional liposuction or Vaser liposuction, you will undoubtedly want to achieve the best possible results. Appropriate preparation, post-treatment care and the practitioner you choose will all have an impact on your liposuction results.
So, what should you consider when you’re looking to achieve the best liposuction results?
Preparing For Vaser Liposuction
Achieving the best possible results from liposuctions starts at the preparation stage. Before you head to the clinic for treatment, you need to be properly prepared both physically and mentally. Here are the best ways to prepare for Vaser lipo to achieve excellent results:
- Do Lots Of Research: Spend time researching what Vaser liposuction is and how it works. This can help you to decide that it is the best treatment for you. Make sure you understand exactly what is involved in the treatment, and the results you are realistically going to achieve.
- Discuss Your Dream Results With Your Practitioner: Later in this article, we will go into detail about how to choose the best practitioner for Vaser liposuction. But whomever you choose, make sure you discuss with them the results you want to achieve. They will be able to advise you on whether your results are realistic and explain exactly how they can achieve them.
- Be Honest About Your History: It is crucial that you let your practitioner know about any health conditions, medical history or allergies you have. If you have had any similar cosmetic treatments in the past, then be sure to let them know. Honesty is always the best policy, and there is nothing to be ashamed of. Giving your practitioner all the relevant information will help them achieve the best results for you.
- Be Prepared On The Day: When the day of your Vaser lipo comes around, try to stay relaxed and calm about the whole thing. Your practitioner will provide you with lots of advice on preparing for your procedure, but staying stress-free is vital. Wear loose, baggy clothing that can be easily removed and put back on and avoid wearing jewellery or cosmetics.
Post-Treatment Care For Vaser Liposuction
After your procedure, you will be able to go home the same day, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a recovery period to consider. Vaser liposuction is minimally invasive, so the recovery is not as lengthy or intense as traditional surgery options. The exact length of recovery will vary depending on which areas have been treated and the amount of fat removed. However, with Vaser, is usually no more than two to five days of downtime.
Being careful and aiding your recovery will help you achieve the very best results from Vaser lipo. Here are some tips for recovering well after treatment:
- Listen To Your Practitioner: Your clinic should give you some advice and guidance to follow in the days following your procedure. Make sure you follow their guidance and stick to their advice; they know best. If you’re unsure, get in touch. A good practitioner will always be happy to help.
- Avoid Food Temptations: During recovery, you won’t be feeling 100%, which can lead to temptations to snack or eat unhealthy ready meals and takeaways. Your Vaser liposuction results rely on you eating well and maintaining a healthy BMI, so avoid these temptations and stock up on healthy fruit and veg. It can help to prepare some meals before your treatment so that you can heat them up with ease during your recovery.
- Follow Aftercare Advice: In order to get the best results, following the advice your practitioner gives you will be essential. A good practitioner will talk about the aftercare in your consultation prior to treatment. After the treatment, they will run through the aftercare again and provide necessary resources so you can refer to them during your aftercare. Do remember that this advice is to help a safe, swift recovery to achieve the best results, so it really is in your best interest to follow.
- Wear Your Recovery Garment: Your practitioner may give you a recovery garment to wear following your procedure. It won’t be the most comfortable or attractive thing to wear, but it is crucial for achieving the best results. The garment is designed to improve circulation, support your wounds and reduce swelling, so make sure you are wearing it.
- Be Patient: Although Vaser lipo offers minimal recovery time, that doesn’t mean you can immediately get straight back to your daily life. In most cases, you must avoid strenuous exercise for at least four weeks. Furthermore, you will need to take it slow for a while after your treatment. In some cases, the best results can’t be seen until a few weeks after treatment as swelling can take time to go down, so be patient.
- Attend Your Follow Up Appointment As Advised: A good practitioner will offer a follow-up consultation to check the progress and answer any questions you may have. This is an important part of the process as it can help you to achieve the results you are looking for, while also making sure you’re recovering well.
Choosing An Excellent Vaser Liposuction Practitioner
Your Vaser liposuction results will only be as good as the practitioner performing the treatment. This is why it is vital that you choose a clinic and practitioner that specialises in the treatment and has a good reputation and has lots of experience in liposuction.
Furthermore, a reputable practitioner will also talk through all of the common complications and what can be done if these occur. While it is important to consider the results you want to achieve, it is equally important to consider the risks attached and any aspects that may affect your results. While minimally invasive procedures prioritise safety, as with all cosmetic procedures, there are risks involved to be aware of. A good practitioner will ensure you have all the knowledge you need before proceeding with a treatment.
A great way to see how good a practitioner really is, is to look through before and after photos. Here are a few things to look out for in these photos, to ensure they can help you achieve the best results;
- Smooth Contours With No Lumps: A common complication of liposuction is contour irregularities, leaving lumps and bumps in the treated area. They can be easy to miss when glancing quickly at pictures, but closer inspection will show that the contours are not smooth. This is often a result of too much fat being removed from specific areas or targeting inappropriate fat planes.
A good practitioner will use fat equalisation techniques to ensure the contours are smooth.
- Cannula Scars: Vaser liposuction only involves very small incisions in the skin, so scarring isn’t too much of a concern. A good practitioner will cleverly conceal these cannula scars in natural parts of the body. This could be the belly button, creases in the skin or in areas that are likely to be covered by underwear.
- Skin Tightening: Everybody has slightly different skin, and for liposuction, skin that bounces back is vital for natural results. Younger patients generally have tighter, firmer skin which can help to provide the best results. However, a good practitioner will recognise which patients have suitable skin for the treatment. Those with skin laxity, or looser skin, might benefit from having a skin tightening treatment alongside Vaser lipo such as Renuvion. A skilled practitioner will be able to recommend this where necessary. Furthermore, they will be able to complete both treatments simultaneously, using the same incisions.
Here at Hans Place Practice, we are experts in achieving natural-looking, impressive results from Vaser liposuction. To find out more about our Vaser lipo treatments, and to discuss your dream results, book a free consultation today.